Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's About Time...

I know, it has been forever since I have blogged. The last time, I had everything written; pictures uploaded and then deleated everything. I was so frustrated, that I didn't want to blog anymore. I have now decided that once a quarter is probably a good timeframe for me to update the blog :-)

We have had a good spring and summer. The end of May, Steve and I went to Minneapolis to see Ryan and Dana. Had a wonderful long weekend with them. We even went to a couple of softball games to watch Ryan play. I was able to get to the Unique Thrift Shop right after we got to Minneapolis (before the kids got home from work). Steve even discovered a Salvation Army in the same area that I had to go to! Dana and Ryan are very hospitable and it is comfortable being in their home. We hit several garage sales Saturday morning. The goal for Ryan was to find a wheel barrow. Well, his mom found one for him for $3 - needs a little work, but will do for the time being. Dana had some great finds - especially her Pottery Barn bedside table.

While we were at the Bohlen's in MN, my dog, Zeke was suppose to be staying with Grandma Bohlen on the farm. Well, Friday night, he decided to check out the area and didn't return until Thursday at 3:30 in the morning - barking at Grandma Bohlen's door. We were glad to see him safe. Only thing we noticed that was different was a lost dog collar and and a slight slit in his tongue. One lesson learned: Don't look for a dog while driving a vehicle... Even though he had been seen by several people, we never saw him as we drove around the area.

We were able to take time in June to stay at Stephanies. She needed to be on bed rest after a procedure and couldn't lift more than 10 pounds, so Steve and I had to sacrifice our time to go up and help her watch Brenna while Jared worked. It was tough, but we got through it. We brought up a marble game which we found at a garage sale for 50 cents that was a hit. Brenna and I took a couple walks and then Steve and I took her to the little park by their home.

Steve and I also had a garage/yard sale after getting back home from Minneapolis. It was a Friday only. Didn't rain. Was sunny and got a little warm in the afternoon. With our profit of $223, we bought some things we were wanting. I got a new kitchen sink faucet and Steve got a new 12 volt Milwaukee sub-compact driver (see pictures below).

We also are almost out of debt after taking Dave Ramsey's financial class. We sold our Toyota Sienna van to my dad for what we owed on it. Then we bought our "Dave Ramsey van" from my dad - a 1994 Dodge Caravan with 131,000 + miles. Steve almost has his truck paid off - so all we have is our house payment. What a treat to be able to spend more money at garage sales! Speaking of garage sales... last week was my week for footware. I found 13 pair of shoes/boots/crocks/sandles. Boy was it fun. Each pair was $1 to $5. Neva and I had gone to Goodwill in Washington, IA and I found 3 of them there. Steve also found 2 pair himself!

Well, I had better close for now. I have rambled on long enough. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Val



Grandpa and Brenna swinging at the park.

Brenna swinging.


The garage sale we had in June.


My new kitchen sink faucet.


Steve's new drill.




1 comment:

  1. Fun post! It was fun to see pictures of your new faucet and dad's drill.

    ReplyDelete