Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Truth Project

Steve and I have started/joined a small group and we are watching "The Truth Project" http://www.thetruthproject.org/ This was produced by Focus on the Family with Dr. Del Tackett as the instructor. Here is a summary of the introduction: "This series is designed to take participants on a guided worldview tour, following the points of the worldview compass, a tool designed to direct our thinking with regard to four fundamental issues: Truth, God, Man, and the Social Order. Along the way, we will attempt to build a logical, systematic framework of ideas by which to organize and evaluate the various truth claims to be encountered during the course of our tour. Our ultimate goal is not simply to gain knowledge, but to look upon the face of God - and to be transformed in the process."

The first video was a study on Veritology (a word Dr. Tackett made up): What is truth? Why is it important? What role does it play in the biblical view of the world? He starts the video asking this question: Why did Jesus Christ come into this world? I would love to hear your answers. Just comment on the blog.

We are really excited about studying this series. We are meeting the first and third Tuesday of every month (unsure about the summer yet). I will try to keep you posted on my thoughts and insights.

Hope you have time to visit the website to see what it is all about. Hopefully, it will whet your appetite and you will find a small group in your area.

3 comments:

  1. The first thing that popped into my is: to save sinners. Sounds like a great study. I thought you were meeting on Fridays....you changed it to Tuesdays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say...The first things that popped into my mind is... :) I got a little ahead of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on Steph, I had the same thought. I'd say Christ is truth. And "this saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.." 1 Tim. 1:15.

    And if to save sinners, then I qualify.

    ReplyDelete